I FANTASTICI 4
prima serie Editoriale Corno
ALBO ORIGINALE DEL 1973
Nell’ episodio principale dell’ albo – con protagonisti i Fantastici 4 e relativi ed inutili spiccioli che fanno loro da aleatorio e misero resto (ogni riferimento a Crystal ed Alicia Masters è puramente casuale) – si palesa una buona volta CON LA SUA PRIMA APPARIZIONE l’ entità divina talmente suprema, immensa ed insondabile che è addirittura uscita fuori da un bozzolo (oppure da un cavolo o addirittura da un uovo di pasqua, c’è una certa discordanza di opinioni in proposito, ma la sostanza – del tutto astratta – in ogni caso non cambia) e che comunque, prima di diventare il più specificabile e definito ADAM WARLOCK, dai comuni mortali veniva additato ed apostrofato sottovoce con appena con un mero pronome indefinito : HIM (in inglese) , LUI (in italiano) oppure LU-QUE’ (in dialetto bolognese) . A richiesta forniamo gratuitamente la traduzione anche in altri dialetti o vernacoli della nostra penisola.
Contiene inoltre : PRINCIPE NAMOR IL SUB-MARINER (circondato, oltre che da varie belle gnocche sia subacquee che anfibie ma tutte quante spasimanti per lui, anche da figure supereroistiche pleonastiche ed obsolete sia del presente – come il pesante ed oneroso oltre che insopportabile Ben Grimm alias La Cosa – che del passato – come la declassata ed anacronistica Torcia Umana Jim Hammond ormai da tempo scaduta di validità e definitivamente soppiantata da nuovi modelli più attuali, avanzati e competitivi)
CONDIZIONI BUONISSIME, USURA IN COSTOLA, ALBO NON DI RESA E NON RIFILATO
“When Opens the Cocoon!” / QUANDO SI APRE IL BOZZOLO !
- Fantastic Four
- Fantastic Four Uniforms
- Anti-Gravity Trasmitter
- Vacuum Car
After examining the footage of Alicia’s abduction, Mister
Fantastic begins working on replicating the device that allowed her
abductor to pass through a solid wall to wherever he came from. After
getting components from Tony Stark, Reed is finally ready to complete
the process that will eventually help them find out where Alicia was
Meanwhile, deep within Lock 41 of the Beehive, Alicia Masters and
Hamilton continue down the tunnel to find the artificially created man
known as Him.
The scientists’ creation fights back with blasts and beams
of energy that keep Hamilton back, but Alicia presses along on her own
despite his protests. When Hamilton tries to go after her, he is caught
up in strange tendrils that come out of the walls. While outside in the
main lab, the other scientists monitor the progress. With fears that Him
may be impossible to control, Shinski shows them their final fail save,
a device that will create an ultrasonic wave that will send Him into
the deepest reaches of space where the artificial man will be no threat
Back at he Baxter Building, Sue, Johnny, Ben and Crystal all sit
down for breakfast while they wait for Reed to emerge from his lab.
After two days of work, Reed believes that the device used to kidnap
Alicia has been correctly duplicated. Back at Lock 41, Alicia finally
makes it to Him where she learns that the artificial being has sealed
himself in a cocoon. Ready to emerge from his chrysalis, Him admits that
he is weak and frightened, but Alicia assures Him that she will remain
there for the duration of this metamorphosis. At that very moment, Reed
completes his assembly of the device. He tells Sue and Crystal to remain
behind. Holding Ben and Johnny’s hands, Reed surprises everyone when
the trio suddenly pass through a solid wall and end up at the Beehive
complex where Alicia is being kept. There they are attacked by the
guards, and respond in kind.
Deep within Lock 41, Hamilton catches up with Alicia and is
surprised to find that Him will emerge from his cocoon in moments.
Seeing their creation as an evil abomination of science he tries to
destroy it but Him fights back with a single blast, stunning both Alicia
and Hamilton before beginning his final transformation. By this time,
the Thing has managed to force Alicia’s location out of one of the
guards and the Fantastic Four rush to her rescue. Inside Lock 41,
Hamilton is leading Alicia to safety when a wall collapses on him,
killing him. Alicia is then found by Ben and Johnny.
They quickly flee
the scene as Him’s power levels continue to rise. As the Fantastic Four
leave, the scientists who created Him realize that their experiment has
gone too far and try to activate the device to abort Him into space, but
it fails to work. As the Fantastic Four and Alicia pass through the
doorway back home, Him emerges from Lock 41. The perfect, golden skinned
and blonde haired man, admonishes his creators for creating him for
their evil ends and sentences them to death. Suddenly, the Beehive
explodes, seemingly slaying all within.
- The Fantastic Four next appear in Fantastic Four Annual #5 (in Italy in F4C #67)
- The Enclave is not officially named here, but later on in their appearance in Fantastic Four #207 (in Italy in URCSETT #21). The full names of each member of the Enclave was revealed in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #4. Morlak, Shinski, and Zota survive and are all seen again in Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Comics Magazine #1 (in Italy in F4 IL FUMETTO PIU’ STRAORDINARIO DEL MONDO) where they are hired by Doctor Doom to loot Reed’s lab.
- As explained in Thor #165 (in Italy in THC #64), Him ventured into space to try and find a suitable mate when the Watcher
deemed it necessary to interfere. Forcing Him to change back into his
cocoon form, the Watcher then placed him on a US defense satellite that
was then sent back down to Earth. The cocoon was then collected and
placed in an atomic research facility, where it was found in Thor #164 (in Italy in THC #63).
- The period of time is briefly visited by the spirit of Reed Richards’ future self in Domination Factor Fantastic Four #2.3 (in Italy in MARV MIX #32 F4 & VEND – DOMINATION FACTOR pt 1) who was on a quest to retrieve a slice of a Golden Apples of Idunn. As a result of the events in Domination Factor Fantastic Four #1.1–4.7 (in Italy in MARV MIX #32-33 F4 & VEND – DOMINATION FACTOR pt 1 & 2) and Domination Factor: Avengers #1.2–4.8 (in Italy in MARV MIX #32-33 F4 & VEND – DOMINATION FACTOR pt 1 & 2) a divergent reality of Earth-8921 is created.
- Marvel Comics #1000 (in Italy in MARV WORLD #33) would reveal that Hamilton had survived the collapse of the cave, albeit blinded. He would subsequently find and don the Eternity Mask, becoming Blind Justice. His next appearance would therefore be in Solo Avengers #8 (unpublished in Italy).
“In the Rage of Battle!” / NELLA FURIA DELLA LOTTA !
- Betty Dean-Prentiss (First silver age appearance)
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (Only in flashback)
Namor and Diane Arliss nurse Lady Dorma back to health.
of another woman he loved, Betty Dean, whom he met decades ago and had
convinced him to fight against the Nazis in WW2.
Meanwhile, the Thing is
hired to deliver Destiny’s Helmet of Power to Washington.
intercepts him because he’s concerned that its power is too much for
anyone to handle. Their battle rages on until an older Betty Dean
appeals to Namor to end the carnage. Namor defeats the Thing and leaves
to dispose of the helmet.
“The Mystery of the Purple Planet” / IL MISTERO DEL PIANETA ROSSO
A space expedition is sent to a distant planet when it is suddenly
covered with an artificial mist. The team finds gold and takes it, but
are transformed into aliens like the inhabitants.