I FANTASTICI 4
prima serie Editoriale Corno
ALBO ORIGINALE DEL 1971
Ci risiamo col cattivo dottorino destinato da Stan Lee ad ingombrare assai spesso queste sventurate pagine da lui martoriate implacabilmente alla pari dei testicoli di tre dei quattro fantastici individui (al quarto membro non manca però parimenti di shakerare regolarmente le ovaie): statisticamente si tratta della sesta apparizione di DOOM su un totale di 24 storie (con quindi una media di una volta ogni 4 albi), sempre in vantaggio sull’ acerrimo rivale e concorrente Sub-Mariner fermo a quota 5 (media 4,8)
Contiene inoltre : LA TORCIA UMANA – CAPITAN MARVEL
CONDIZIONI BUONISSIME, PICCOLA SCRITTINA A BIRO NELL’ANGOLO DESTRO DEL MARGINE BIANCO SUPERIORE DELLA PRIMA PAGINA INTERNA, UN PO’ DI USURA IN COSTOLA, ALBO NON DI RESA E NON RIFILATO, NO ADESIVI
“The Master Plan of Doctor Doom!” / IL SATANICO PIANO DEL DOTTOR DESTINO !
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom)
- Terrible Trio (First appearance)
After Reed deals with a dinosaur that has run amuck in the Baxter Building after being transported to the modern era via Doom’s Time Machine, he scolds Thing and Johnny for their constant bickering.
While Dr. Doom gathers three criminals Bull Brogin, Yogi Dakor and Harry Phillips to be his agents.
Enhancing their natural abilities they become Dr. Doom’s terrible trio. Bull gaining advanced strength, Phillips advanced hearing, and Dakor resistance to fire. He then sends them to capture the Fantastic Four.
While Bull captures the Thing, Phillips captures Sue, and Dakor captures the Human Torch, while Dr. Doom captures Reed Richards with the aid of a robot built after the Thing.
Taking them to his headquarters, Dr. Doom intends to trap them in a room that once a solar wave passes through would transport them into space.
However, Sue traps Doom int a force field and in order to try and save his own hide Doom tries to find a way to disconnect the device but instead falls into the space opened in the floor, the FF manage to escape through the opening in the room, once again figuring Doom has perished for good.
- The Time Platform here is actually a duplicate of the one created by Doctor Doom in Fantastic Four #5 (in Italy in F4C #3). The original platform is still in Doom’s castle, as seen in Avengers Annual #2 (in Italy in THC #70). Fantastic Four Annual #11 (in Italy in F4C #211) explains that although this is referred to as “Doctor Doom’s” time machine, it’s actually a duplicate that Reed built.
- Per the Thing #1 (unpublished in Italy), the animosity the Yancy Street Gang shows towards the Thing stems from the fact that he previously used to be the leader of the gang. His departure from the group was seen as a betrayal.
- Upon Doom’s apparent demise at the end of this issue, the force keeping the Terrible Trio in another dimension was severed and they were returned to Earth, as revealed in Strange Tales #122 (in Italy in F4C #23).
- Although Dr. Doom appears to perish once again by being lost in space, he survives thanks to an impromptu rescue by Rama-Tut in Fantastic Four Annual #2 (in Italy in F4C #27).
“The Man Who Became the Torch!” / L’ UOMO CHE DIVENNE LA TORCIA !
While the Torch is putting on a demonstration for the public, his old nemesis the Wizard escapes from prison using an anti-gravity disc of his own design.
Using his new invention to commit crimes, he then later tricks the Torch into expending his flame powers by posing as a producer of a charity television program.
Knocking out the temporarily powerless Torch, the Wizard disguises himself as the Torch and takes his place within the Fantastic Four in an attempt to conquer the group.
His first act is to knock out the Invisible Girl and take her prisoner as well.
However, the Torch is able to send out a flame signal to the other members of the Fantastic Four who free him.
Tracking down the Wizard, the Torch tries to attack him again, however the Wizard tries to make his escape with his gravity disc to get away. Riding into the sky, the Wizard realizes too late that his disc has malfunctioned and he cannot shut it off, he then floats off into the upper atmosphere too fast for the Torch to catch.
“Where Stalks the Sentry!” / DOVE PASSA SENTRY ! (2a parte – La minaccia Sentry)
- The Cape, Florida
- Helion, Kree Starship
As “Lawson”, Mar-Vel is introduced to General Bridges, and the security chief Carol Danvers. He is shown the Kree Sentry which has been given to them after it was defeated by the Fantastic Four.
Yon-Rogg decides to use the Sentry for his own ends to eliminate Mar-Vel, and so has it reactivated.
When Mar-Vel learns of this, he dawns his Kree armor and goes to try and stop the Sentry robot from destroying the Cape.
As he leaves, his suspicious landlord decides to snoop in his room.
This story is continued in Captain Marvel #1 (in this italian next issue).